Friday, April 23, 2010

FFF Diva News: Nike Women's Full Marathon in San Francisco, CA (P.S. I AM REGISTERED!)





Dear Maureen De Nieva,

Congratulations! You are now officially registered for the 2010 Nike Women's Marathon, a race to benefit The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society! Your credit card has been charged the race fee (your statment will show Signmeup.com*Nike Run), and you will begin receiving emails with more information about the race. In the meantime, keep up with Nike Women's Marathon team online!

Click here to find us on FACEBOOK

Click here to follow us on TWITTER

Click here to visit NIKEMARATHON.COM

RACE DAY
Sunday, October 17, 2010
Race Start: 7:00am
Union Square, San Francisco, CA

Click here to see the COURSE MAP »

RACE PACKET PICK-UP
Race packet pick-up will be at the Expotique in Union Square (Geary between Powell & Stockton Streets).* Parking is available in local garages. Please plan your travel to allow for time to pick up your race packet and experience our interactive Expotique. Please note: there will be no packet pickup on race morning.

EXPOTIQUE HOURS**
Thursday, October 14th (Ladies Night)
4pm–8pm

Friday, October 15th
10am–8pm

Saturday, October 16th
8am–6pm

*You will receive an email in early October with your SignMeUp.com confirmation bar code. Please bring the confirmation email along with photo identification to the Expotique to pick up your race packet. You must pick up your own race packet.

**Times subject to change

I RUN TO START TRAINING
Now that you're running in the Nike Women's Marathon, it's time to hit the pavement and start training! Join the thousands of others who are already using Nike+ to track your distance, pace and calories as you count down to race day. Log your miles online, find new running routes in your neighborhood or visit the forums to find a running partner.

Check out NIKEPLUS.COM

Train in the latest Running Gear »

PLEASE NOTE: if a credit card payment was required, the charge on the cardholder's statement will appear as signmeup.com*Nike Run. SignMeUp.com and Nike do not issue refunds.

For registration inquiries or for more information on this year's event, visit nikemarathon.com, email nwm@signmeup.com, or call us at 1.866.RUN.NIKE.

-------------------------------------------------------

The above portion was directly cut and pasted by my confirmation email!!! Thousands of women across the country entered the official random drawing for the Nike Women's Marathon and I got it! My sister Leilani, cousin Lisa, and fellow Operation Boot Camper Alex all registered, but only my cousin and I got into the race. It is definitely a crap shoot to enter this race. At the end of the race for those who qualify you receive a commemorative Tiffany & Co. necklace! In order to qualify you have to run the 1/2 (13.1 miles) or full marathon (26.2 miles) in 6.5 hours! Let the 6 months of grueling training begin!

I must add that my life is going to change drastically to achieve this goal. Currently I average a 13 minute mile on flat surfaces. To qualify I need to run at least a 15 minute mile but through hills in San Francisco! Yikes!

Best supportive advice I received from my Operation Boot Camp instructor/camper/friend Jill:

"Concentrate on you and only you. Family and friends are there forever. There is only one shot at a Tiffany marathon necklace. Sorry family and friends. Mo, you ran 4 miles in 40 minutes. You can do this, I'll sign up and run with me!"


"Some things I cannot change, but until I try I'll never know...I think I'll try defying gravity."
-Elphaba, "Defying Gravity" from the musical Wicked

It sounds truly crazy, but I will do it. WATCH ME.

Stay tuned FFF Diva fans and followers---these next 6 months are going to be the best and worst of my life! Thanks to all of my friends, family, Operation Boot Camp instructors & campers, and all of YOU who I have never met, but who have supported me through my weight loss journey! Remember I am here to support and cheer you on as well! : )

Committed to change, health, and the underdog,
FFF Diva Mo

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Congrats for being selected for the race. I'm so excited and nervous. This will be my first half. We've got 6 months to train, we can totally do this!

    Good luck! Can't wait to put that necklace on :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails