Thursday, November 4, 2010

FFF Diva Life MO-ments: A Time for Reflection

Maybe I should have gotten that flu shot after all. Haha. Sigh.

I have been bed ridden since Tuesday. For someone who lives a busy lifestyle like me, it's actually not so fun. Long story short I thought I could hack the world with one day of rest but that kicked my ass: I ended up with a double ear infection, chest congestion, and a high fever that just broke early this AM. It's the afternoon and I am starting to feel okay, but it's only after hours of napping on and off throughout the day. I am nowhere near to perfect, but it's an eye opener about making sure I take care of myself. I run myself ragged more than once and to be forced to be homebound from grad school, work, the gym, and Operation Boot Camp really reminds me: HEY MO SLOW DOWN! Anyways the last time I was bed ridden like this was back in March when I had to stop all exercise and training for two weeks right before my LA Marathon race. Sigh.

Anyways...I will spend my time at home resting, reflecting, meal planning, reading, blogging, and writing my novel. Yup novel. I am participating in something fun that happens every November: National Novel Writing Month (NaNoWriMo). 50,000 words in 30 days. It's a doozy, it's about my crazy weight loss journey and everything else touched by it. I'll keep you posted. I promise.

But shhhhh, don't tell my doctor but I am signed up to run the Morgan Hill 1/2 Marathon this Sunday. Don't worry, if I still feel off I'll just walk it. It's only 13.1 miles. ; )

Ok, maybe the whole "Do as I say, don't do as I do" would be applicable in this scenario. My bad. I'll try.

<3 FFF Diva Mo

1 comment:

  1. Feel better and take it easy! The more you push the longer it will take to get to 100%!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails