Tuesday, November 8, 2016

Walking Meetings: It's Not Just a West Wing Thing




Happy Election Day! #PantsuitNation #ImWithHer


In honor of #Election2016, I thought I would bring up a topic that has helped me avoid sedentary days at work: walking meetings. Believe it or not, it is not just an activity that was portrayed on one of my favorite political shows The West Wing. The New York Times and Huffington Post both agree that walking meetings are a wonderful strategy to engage with colleagues, create fresh ideas, and get walking steps to fit cardio into the work day.

#ProTip: Use tools like #FitBit for accountability!
I like to use fancy pedometers like FitBit to keep track of my steps. I have challenges with my husband Donald and other friend across the country. Oddly enough I feel so connected to them even though we may be hundreds of miles apart - yet I still want to out-step them! I am not competitive at all, unless it's against my husband, then by all means bring it on.

Start your day off on the right foot...with a walking meeting!
Walking meetings have been a quick solution for clarity. Whenever I am in a mind blank at work or even at home with my hubby I turn to the walking meeting method to help shift the energy in whatever I am fretting about. Surprisingly enough, there have been some pioneers in history who believed that walking meetings were just what the doctor ordered!

Walking meetings aren't a new thing.
Remember folks and friends: 30 minutes of walking a day is the best form of prevention! These health benefits include improved body composition (higher muscle-to-fat ratio) and decreased risk for metabolic syndrome (high blood sugar, excess body fat around the waist, high cholesterol and high blood pressure, which together increase the risk of heart disease, diabetes and stroke) - just to name a few!

Insert #dropmic here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails