Saturday, September 8, 2018

Dear Lolo Doring

FFF Diva Mo with her family, 2011


Dear Lolo Doring,

I can’t believe that it’s going to be five years since you graced this earth. Whenever, I got stressed out I knew I could always calm down with a simple chat with you. So here goes: You taught me that that “close enough” wasn’t enough. In 2011, our pamilya watched me walk for my MBA degree, but I was two classes short. I just wanted our family to see me finish, but I never did. By the time I wanted to go back to school you passed away and it crushed me. I justified it by saying “close enough, he at least saw me graduate.” As each year passed I knew it would be harder to go back, but in 2017 life circumstances changed and I needed to go back & finish what I started. It’s been 11 years since I started this original grad school journey, but I’m proud to say I got readmitted back to school and god willing I finish this December. Two classes unfortunately turned into more, but it is what it is - gotta push through. I have lived the last several years in deep denial and failure. I know I should be proud that I’m going back to finish - life after all is a marathon not a sprint. Don’t worry, I know this now. This is why I’ve been a hermit since January, like Elle Woods studying for her LSATs. I took a step back from everything. School and my health are my top priorities and luckily I see the light at the end of the tunnel. In fact I’m going to Argentina as a culminating project of my studies - a global consulting trip with a company based out of Buenos Aires. Please watch over me the next couple of months. Know that I am finishing this degree not only for myself but for you and my future kids as a reminder to never let close enough be enough. It took Mom 10 years to finish her Masters Degree as a full time nurse and part time student. I guess the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree. 🍎

With all my love,
Moyeen

           FFF Diva Mo with MBA Global Consulting Practicum group & professors in Argentina, 2018

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails