Wednesday, October 21, 2009

FFF Diva Commitment to Success: Running on Motivation

Lately work and being sick has swamped me from getting my butt into Operation Boot Camp in the last two weeks. Don't get me wrong, I have gone, but NOT all 5 days each these last two weeks. I know: FAIL. But is it really? The days I have not been at boot camp I did my boot camp cardio HW (refer to Ronny's email below). Also, my sister and I decided to go to the bookstore to really get our mind set on training to walk/jog our first full marathon (LA Marathon) in March 2010.

Journal:
"Runner's World: Training Journal...A Daily Dose of Motivation, Training Tips & Running Wisdom for Every Kind of Runner---From Fitness Joggers to Competitive Racers"

Book:
"Marathoning for Mortals: A Regular Person's Guide to the Joy of Running or Walking a Half-Marathon or Marathon" by John Bingham and Coach Jenny Hadfield, M.A., C.P.T.

We have 22 weeks until our March 21, 2010 LA Marathon race. We are currently on a 20 week walker/jogger program. 26 miles to train for in 20 weeks. Will it happen? Can the FFF Divas achieve it?

Well...stay tuned to find out!

Until then...enjoy the email below from my trainer regarding MOTIVATION. And by the way...the Friday camp he is referring to...I did make it to that one!

Best,
FFF Diva Mo

------
Hey guys!

Friday was an awesome workout... we had a lot of fun too!! Immediately, that brings us to our topic : FUN while working out. Never had I had so much fun at 5:45am in the morning that working out with all of you guys. I really look fwd to the mornings I do get to do it, and on those same days because of the fun and the workout that I got, I am MUCH more productive, energized, and conscience to what I'm putting in my body.

I wanted to stress the importance to everyone how important it is to everyone to have FUN while working out. Not only is Operation Boot Camp a dialed in comprehensive fitness program, but they also have the social dynamic intertwined with it all too. Its part of out 5 service values for us instructors to be able to build relationships and basically have a good time, WHILE motivating and getting you guys moving!! Sometimes, I know us instructors harp on everyone about not being "loud" enough or not being involved, and that is because it helps to create and add to the energy and the fun about what we are doing.

Try doing anything first thing in the morning like that, and either the group is going to set the stage of energy and good fun for the workout ahead, or they are going to suck out life and make everyone feel like we are all carrying a thousand pound vest on our backs... and the workout is going to DRAG by second by second. Thats a no bueno... and that's why all of us lose motivation. If you take a look at everyone you know, most people do not like working out because its not fun, its uncomfortable, it makes you sweat, you're sore the next day, you start to smell (if you're not wearing deodorant or forgot to bath yourself, and you know who you are!!) and well, it simply requires energy! Who the heck wants to do that!?

Well, if you are having a good time or looking fwd to doing something like working out, then all the sudden, those other variables become the minority.. The hour flies by, and you don't even notice that you were working that hard and the you were doing so for an hour! and THATS what I'm talking about... another reason why I want everyone to be ALIVE, and be your fun selves in the morning when we meet! It helps us all out... but don't be that one depressing debby when you come in, because it creates a downer for everyone around you. Do not complain... Just have a lil fun and work HARD- you will reap the rewards for the rest of your life;)

That being said, MAKE SURE YOU ARE DOING YOUR HOMEWORK! I want to see everyone succeed, and if we can all bring in our BOOKS and if EVERYONE has done homework assignment on Sunday, then I will have a lil something something for everyone... I'll give ya a hint, its starts with a "B" and ends with an "URPEE" ... jk. lol..


Check out this video that my to be mom in law sent me... made me think about the fact that people would get much more exercise if there was a lil pizzaz to it or they were able to have a good time...even if its something like going up a flight of stairs. Fwd it on!

Committed to your success,

Ronny

--
Ronny Varghese
Director of Operations
Operation Boot Camp - San Jose
1-888-7-FIT NOW (734-8669)
Ronny.Varghese@operationbootcamp.com
OperationBootCamp.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails