Monday, December 7, 2009

FFF Diva Song of the Day: "Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart" by Alicia Keys

At the beginning of this music video the following statement is said:

THERE ARE THOSE AMONG US WHO ARE BLESSED WITH THE POWER TO SAVE WHAT IS LOVED BY ANOTHER,

BUT POWERLESS TO USE THIS BLESSING FOR LOVE THEMSELVES.

Lately, during my weight loss journey I have been experiencing a lot of emotional ups and downs around: support, lack of support, close friends moving far away, letting certain friends go because they aren't good for me, family, work, school, commuting, challenges of boot camp, meeting personal health goals, cutting social activities, sleeping earlier, coming to terms that I am no longer considered severely obese but now viewed as chubby (by society) therefore I need to recognize how much privilege I have gained from although being still fat but more accepted in society now than before, using a scale to weigh my food, realizing I can say "no," and boys (enough said). In any case I have been realizing that I need to live my life only for me. Once I live my life for me I will be in a healthier position to help others such as family and friends. I am happy when I am healthier, so once that happens I know it will cause a ripple effect in everything else in my life from school to work to even (dare I say) love.

I have the power to inspire and motivate people by sharing the successes and challenges surrounded by my weight loss journey, however I also need to inspire and motivate myself to get to that end goal weight and healthiness I want to possess.

With that...enjoy the FFF Song of the Day: "Try Sleeping with a Broken Heart" by Alicia Keys

This is the link on YOUtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UvjuEsfdiT4

Here is a live performance of the song by Alicia Keys, but not the official video:


Always being fierce,
FFF Diva Mo : )

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails