Thursday, May 26, 2011

WLB4: Coming Back From a Hiatus


Operation Boot Camp: "Always Earned, Never Given"

This coming Monday, May 23rd I will be coming back to Operation Boot Camp. For those who don't know, I lost the last 50 lbs by 1) competitively running 2) Operation Boot Camp. However, since my last semester of graduate school had a crazier schedule I actually had to take a break from camp. I haven't been at camp from March-May, however I have been back each month for Bring a Friend Day and Free Community Preview Day on Saturdays.


Operation Boot Camp Family: 5K Urban Scavenger Hunt, March 2011 (24th out of 180 teams)

How do I feel about coming back to 6am outdoor cardio Operation Boot Camp?

In one word: SCARED.

In five words: SCARED OUT OF MY MIND.

Why?!

HIATUS.

hi·a·tus   /haɪˈeɪtəs/ [hahy-ey-tuhs]
–noun, plural -tus·es, -tus.
1. a break or interruption in the continuity of a work, series, action, etc.
2. a missing part; gap or lacuna: Scholars attempted to account for the hiatus in the medieval manuscript.
3. any gap or opening.

Coming back from a hiatus is always hard. Although I have been sticking to my 1/2 marathon running schedule, going to the gym, and meeting with my trainer Jill 1-2 days a week IS NOTHING COMPARED TO EVERYDAY SESSIONS at OBC. This coming Monday is out PT test. We do two PT tests to gauge how you have improved by the end of the 30 days. A PT test consists of running 1 mile, 1 min push-ups, 1 min dips, and 1 min sit-ups. Lord bless me. I feel worried. I feel worried to be the slowest one at camp again. I feel worried that I am not going to be able to keep up. I worked so hard the last year to improve my running and endurance and I feel that I am back at square one.

So how am I going to combat the inner negative voices in my head? By telling myself this:

"Maureen you CANNOT compare yourself to other people. Your weight loss journey is just as significant and important as everyone else. The only person you should worry about it yourself and YOUR journey. Stay positive. Stay focused."

Have you ever felt down because you feel like you are going one step forward, but two steps back? How did you move forward and fight the negative thoughts in your head? I'd love to know.

Dedicated to health,
FFF Diva Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails