Thursday, May 26, 2011

WLB4: Nike Women's Marathon 2011

I know, I know. I have been super MIA. Good news though: NOT FOR LONG! Why?! Because I graduate with my MBA degree this Friday! I know this season of WLB4 is coming to a close soon, but I just want to share how wonderful and supportive this community has been. It's not just about weight loss, it's about moving forward and living a healthier lifestyle. Regardless of what happens at the end of these 7 weeks I have made new friends, got a lot of great advice, and hopefully inspired others that YOU TOO CAN SAY YES TO LIFE. A life that is active. A life that is no longer in the shadows or in a size 28 plaid patterned moo moo dress. NO WAY! Not anymore!

I am happy to announce that I am officially registered for the 2011 Nike Women's Marathon in San Francisco, California! It is a random lottery race. It's a sold out race of 25,000 participants! Don't know what the NWM is? Well it's hosted by Nike and this year is their 8th race! Proceeds raised go to Lymphoma research. And when you finish either the 1/2 marathon (13.1 miles) or the full marathon (26.2 miles) as a finisher's medal you receive a Tiffany & Co. silver necklace from a HOT San Francisco Fire Fighter in a tuxedo. True story for reals!

Last year I signed up to complete the full marathon, but fell behind their slowest pace setter. You HAVE TO COMPLETE the race either the full or the half in 6 hours or less or you don't qualify for the necklace. I was diverted to the half and PR'ed that day (personal record) at 3 hours 28 minutes. This year is pretty special because I am doing a FULL MARATHON schedule with our newly established Women's Running Club called Women Addicted to Running Club (WAR for short). This club consists of my friends both in and outside of Operation Boot Camp.

Photos from last year's Nike Women's Marathon 2010:


Ladies of OBC! We are running the 2011 race together this time!


One of my dearest friends, OBC Instructor, and one of my heroines: Alex Mijares


At the finish line post race with my Tiffany's blue box!


Pointing to my name written on a wall of all 25,000 participants last year

If you would like more information: Nike Women's Marathon Blog
http://inside.nike.com/blogs/nikerunning_events-en_US/?tags=nike_womens_marathon_2011

Have you ever ran/walked/jogged a full or 1/2 marathon? If so, which one? If so, what inspired you to do it in the first place?

ALSO, if you haven't ran/walked/jogged a long endurance race, would you want to? What do you think you need to succeed or stay movtivated?

Dedicated to health,
FFF Diva Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails