Thursday, May 26, 2011

WLB4: MOpic Weekend

Welcome to Week 3 of Season 4 of Win, Lose, Blog! I am truly excited for this week, because I sincerely fell off the wagon during Week 2.

Here's the T (the talk, the info, the real honest truth): I TRULY LET LOOSE DURING MY COLLEGE REUNION WEEKEND. I am not going to go into detail of what happened, but I will share you some photos that will speak for themselves....


Dominican Alumni: Classes '05,'81,'07,'82


My Fellow ASDU (Student Government) Buddies: Kevin ('05) and Val ('08)


Dominican Alumni: Across the Generations


Strutting My Stuff: Dominican Beanie and Scarf

Dominican University of California is a small private Catholic college in Marin County (north of San Francisco, across the Golden Gate Bridge).
How EPIC and memorable was this weekend? People called it MOpic! You know you were the life of the party when the next day you receive Facebook messages/comments/friend requests, calls, and text messages saying the same thing: "YOU were the reason why this year's Dominican Alumni Reunion Weekend was THE BEST!" Wow. I must have had a REALLY good time. Next year is my 5 year anniversary for my college Class of 2007. Next year is going to be out of this world.

MOtivational Monday:

With that being said, I learned MANY lessons one of which is this: Being social is fine and dandy, but don't let one weekend letting loose ruin your weight loss progress. I had fun and I don't regret this weekend, but I did gain weight and I am not happy about that. How am I moving forward? I got up early this morning before work and ran 4 miles as per my 1/2 marathon training schedule. I also made a healthy breakfast of a hardboiled egg, banana, and whole tomato. Lunch was stellar with my friend, because we went to a healthy alternative restaurant called the Sante Grill and my Spicy Thai Chicken Whole Wheat Wrap and side of steamed broccoli cost me only 360 calories. Amazeballs (another MOism). As a result I was reminded this weekend that I am human. Losing weight is not a one time challenge, it's a lifestyle choice! I will always have to face challenges, but it's how I learn and move forward from these challenges is where I will be able to see and experience long lasting healthy change.

What did YOU do this past weekend? Did you get off your couch and go jogging? Did you say to yourself: "HEY I am going to have an awesome weekend of clean eating and exercise?" Feel free to share!

Dedicated to health,
FFF Diva Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails