Thursday, May 26, 2011

WLB4: It's a Lifestyle!

Hello WLB4 followers! I am back and ready for more! WHY?! I am an MBA graduate! Last Friday I walked in my commencement ceremony for my MBA degree at Dominican University of California!


GraDUation Day: Friday, May 14th, 2011

It was an amazing day. I am 26 years old with an MBA degree. What am I going to do now? Sleep. =)

In other news this weekend I did the 100th anniversay of the San Francisco Bay to Breakers with my OBC family! I dressed up as Dave from Alvin & the Chipmunks. Good times! It was a 12K (7-ish miles)race through the streets of San Francisco. Long story short: IT WAS A STREET PARTY!


Operation Boot Camp Family at Mile 7 of the SF Bay to Breakers


OBC family with free chocolate milk!

Last but not least my favorite news of the day! Today I received this email in my inbox:

Dear Athlete,

Congratulations! We’re pleased to announce that you have been selected to become a member of Team MARATHON® Bar. Your athletic accomplishments and individual interests were a perfect match for the sponsors’ goal of building a dedicated team of passionate runners who are committed to staying active. Your 2011 goals, past achievements, future motivations, and overall dedication to the sport and product best demonstrated this commitment. Please see below for important details to getting started with the sponsorship.

Cheers!
Team MARATHON® Bar Management

That's right folks: FFF Diva Mo is a SPONSORED running athlete! I seriously didn't think this would happen in a million years. I am still reeling from excitement and shock. I can't wait to sport my new Team MARATHON Bar jersey at my running races this year INCLUDING the Nike Women's Marathon in October AND the NIGHT TIME Las Vegas Rock & Roll 1/2 Marathon in December! Let the training begin!

Speaking of training...how are all of you with your training endeavors? I know I have been MIA, but I am sure you all have inspirational moments in your journey. I have learned, especially in my last year of grad school that LIFE HAPPENS. This year alone I went from my 280s to 240s to 260s and back down to 250s. THIS YEAR ALONE. But did I stop moving forward regardless of my setbacks? NO. I KEPT MOVING FORWARD. Tomorrow is always a brand new day. Losing weight, living a healthier life, why it's a LIFESTYLE! I just need to stick with it and I will be rewarded not just with weight loss but a more happier and healthier life! I know you can too!

Dedicated to health,
FFF Diva Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails