Thursday, May 26, 2011

WLB4: On Simple Confidence and Accountability

Have you ever opened a newspaper or read an article and say to yourself: "Oh my goodness, this is ABOUT ME!" I subscribe to e-newsletter called Tiny Buddha and today's topic was about CONFIDENCE.

On Simple Confidence by Lori Deschene

Source: www.tinybuddha.com

“Confidence is preparation. Everything else is beyond your control.” -Richard Kline

People often think confidence means knowing you can create the outcome you desire. To some extent it does, but this idea isn’t universally true for anyone. No matter how talented, smart, or capable you are, you cannot predict or control everything that happens in your life.

Even confident people lose jobs, relationships, and even their health.
Confidence comes from knowing your competence but acknowledging it’s not solely responsible for creating your world. When you take that weight off your shoulders and realize that sometimes the twists and turns have nothing to do with what you did or should have done, it’s easier to feel confident in what you bring to the table.
Today if you feel insecure about something you’re working toward, pull your focus away from the outcome and back to your output. Focus on what you have to offer and how well you can use it. Do your homework, do the legwork, and then know you’re doing everything you possibly can.

There’s a lot we can’t control in life, but we can know we’re doing our best with the things that are within our control.

FFF Diva Mo's Take: In order to move forward in life, sometimes you just need to let go. Focus on you. Focus on what you know. Be good at you, then everything else will fall naturally into place.

-----------------------------

Getting Back on the Wagon...

Yesterday, was my first training session with my personal trainer Jill in about a week. I didn't get to see Jill last week because my school schedule got crazier, so we took last week off and came back to train hard. How it went down:

10 minute run
3 set rotations of ab and leg exercises
lifting weights while standing on a stability Bosu Ball
jump rope, sit ups, v-sit-ups

And that was what I can remember off the top of my head. It was hard, because even though last week I have been maintaining my 1/2 marathon training schedule, TRAINING with weights is completely DIFFERENT. COMPLETELY. Boy was my body pushed and my abs were on fire. P.S. Thanks Jill!

I also bought myself a new food log and exercise jorunal so I can hold myself accountable. Jill has volunteered to read and review my progress regarding eating and exercise, in order to make corrections along the way. THIS IS WHAT I NEED: ACCOUNTABILITY.

---------------------

FFF DIVA MO'S INNER CIRCLE: INSPIRATIONAL ACCOUNTABILITY


Meet my friend Marisa--Miss Accountability herself


Easter 2011 w/ Marisa's Chocolate Lamb

Meet my friend Marisa. She and I have known each other since high school. In fact I was her sponsor for confirmation (yes I am a total Filipino Catholic girl). Anyways, long story short is that even when she moved to Southern California for college and eventually her Hollywood career (behind the scenes, producing, etc.) we always held each other accountable even though we had hundreds of miles between us. If there was any type of internal struggle about emotional eating or motivation for exercise we were there for each other.

What's my point? My point is accountability doesn't have to just be from a person who is physically here such as a trainer or a spouse, in fact it can be found in different forms such as a call, a "Hello!" text, or even a "Hey how are you?" email or Facebook post. The key thing about accountability though is CONSISTENCY. That is the beautiful thing about my friendship with Marisa: her accountability is consistent. If you have consistent accountability you'll always have a support system available to you when you need it.

Happy Tuesday folks!

Dedicated to your health,
FFF Diva Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails